Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Body painting warning

Here is how I spent my New Year's Eve...

http://shannonfennell.com/maddhatterscollagesmall.jpg

Things I learned

1) Young women who work in bars CAN'T tell time (they were early... but still !!)

2) No matter how good your paint/make-up is and how well it usually holds up there is no way to protect the paint job when it is -30C outside and they have to go from your studio to the club with god knows what in-between.

3) Remember to tell my assistant when the parameters for the job change at the last minute - initially they were all to be wearing bras due to the local liquor regulations but the club owner phoned me on the 22nd to say he got permission to use nipple covers only - I didn't tell Naomi and she walked in to two topless women who didn't have their nipple covers on yet... but she was a trooper and no one caught she was in shock!!!

4) My transfers that I made with tattoo ink on parchment paper worked fantastically... just need to find a paper that is a little more absorbent but still more resistant than bond paper!

5) Remember to tell all the girls to arrive with their hair and make-up already done so they don't put us off schedule messing about in the bathroom for a half hour!!

It was fun and I think they turned out well. We made the decision not to worry about shading/shadows, etc. due to time contraints and the venue - dark club so the lighting was not going to be overly bright!

All the colours are UV reactive - except for the black.

No comments:

Post a Comment